CNN was in town on Monday. They were coming thru town to head out to Little Diomede. A small island that is less than 5 miles from Russia.
It is a glimpse into the life of what life is like in Rural Alaska. It is totally believeable that people don't know our governor's name or anything about the presidential election. For me the best part of the video is when they are throwing the garbage into the ocean. I am sure that they will be enviornmentalist making comments. If you want to see the video I have attached the link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_puI_E17YU
As for my experience with Little Diomede...I can say that I have been there once. The ocean that is between the USA and Russia was frozen and in the winter time they make a frozen runway out there. We have a Head Start site out there and I am sure that I will be making a trip in April.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment