Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th

The evening is my time to unwind and reflect on the day, week, month, year. Today is September 11th. I can remember exactly what I was doing 7 years on this day and for the week that followed. I usually can't even remember what happened last week let alone 7 years ago. My dad had called me at home and told me to turn the tv on. It was early in the morning. I remember watching the plane going into the building and the news replaying it over and over again. I sat in front of the TV that day and for the days to follow. I was working at the grocery store at the time. People were going crazy saying the world was going to end and they were stocking up on tons and tons of groceries. I remember a week later I attended my orientation at UW and we paid tribute to the people that had passed on. I had friends join the military, saying it was the thing to do, some of those friends have deployed, once, twice and even a third time. They have come backed changed and some have not come back. As I reflect on what we have done over the past 7 years since that day I would like to say THANK YOU to our country men & women that serve our country daily.

No comments: